The STEM Prize was established to encourage young Cameroonians and Africans, especially girls and young women to pursue careers in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. This competition brings together young scholars from both secondary and tertiary schools (between the ages of 13 and 21 years old) to design projects that have the greatest potential of positively changing their communities. Projects evaluated on:
- Relevance and Novelty: Innovative with demonstrable creativity and originality
Scalability: Scale and the likelihood of implementing the project in areas with similar problems
- Social impact: Especially how it addresses challenges faced by the specific community or country
Based on the recommendations of the evaluators at the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation, winners will be chosen and prizes presented to them.
5,000,000 FCFA (approximately $10,000 US Dollars) will be awarded in prizes and will be distributed as follows:
- Winning team: 1,500,000 FCFA (≈$2,400 USD)
- 1stRunner Up: 1,000,000 FCFA (≈ $1,600 USD)
- 2ndRunner Up: 750,000 FCFA (≈ $1,200 USD)
- Other individual prizes: 1,750,000 FCFA (≈ $ 2,800 USD)
The Foundation will work with all winning teams to get their projects up and running.
Are you interested in participating in the 2019 STEM Prize Competition ?
Check Out our STEM Prize rules and conditions
Meet Our Team
We seek to engage the most innovative Cameroonians, especially young girls, and encourage them to pursue a education in the STEMs and ultimately a STEM career
2019 STEM Prize Awards: November 30, 2019